The opulent, captivating, and diverse African heritage can be best exemplified in clothing. Allow your children to explore their rich heritage by dressing them in authentic African clothes by designers who truly understand the rich African culture and tradition.
Shopping for African clothes for your children does not mean that you will be limited to a few dashikis. You will have plenty of options. You can choose from numerous shops and online retail stores, offering traditional and fashionable garments, in many different styles. Your children will be like royalty, dressed up in two and three-piece outfits, made of fabrics with intricate details.
When shopping for your children's clothing, you may want to consider these simple tips.
1. Children usually outgrow their clothes; therefore, you must keep changing their apparel. Bear in mind that your kids need fashionable African clothes that will give them utmost comfort, while keeping up with the latest design trends.
2. You probably want the best for your children, just like all parents. You can show your affection and love to your children by providing them beautiful dresses. The rule of thumb is to choose clothes that will make your children look smart and attractive.
3. Bear in mind that when it comes clothing, boys and girls will have different preferences. Therefore, you must consider what your children want; otherwise, you will ruin their day.
4. Girls are much more sensitive in selecting their clothes. Hence, you need to give them more attention and assist them in selecting beautiful African clothes that will make them feel at ease with friends.
5. Boys are mostly independent and do not really care about what to wear. Take initiative to ensure that your son is appropriately dressed for the occasion by choosing fashionable and comfortable African clothes.
Shopping for authentic African clothes for your children can be tricky because Africa is a large continent that is considered the melting pot of cultures and traditions of many different tribes. You need to familiarize yourself with some of the most popular styles in African dresses.
- 3-Piece Dresses - This ensemble is composed of a flared top, a skirt, and a head wrap. These pieces are usually made of premium fabrics such as hand woven silk, cotton, or hand painted satin.
- Dashikis - Dashikis are usually associated with the traditional outfit worn by men. However, there are versions made for girls consisting of an embellished lace front, a simple bodice, and a wrap. The radiant fabric wrap, in particular, is the perfect touch for this ensemble.
- French Lace Apparel - When it comes to traditional formal African clothes for women, lace plays a significant part. If you need to dress up your child in an intricate formal wear, French lace dresses are the top choice for girls. Your little girls will surely look stunning and impeccable, especially during high-profile events.
There is a wide selection of African clothes in terms of style, color, fabric, and embellishment. You can choose traditional clothes for your children and allow them to embrace their culture. However, there are also updated pieces that have some Western feel, and at the same time, maintain the core traditions of Africa.